Sunday, November 18, 2012

Status Update!

So today I decided to optimize my UDK packages to get the most out of as little space as I could. We're suppose to have a 50,000 kB package but mine turned out to be around 290,000 kB. To get this down I basicly had to reduce the file size of all my texture (and I have a lot of textures) so they would take up less space. I also combined my textures with their respective specualar maps by putting the speculars in the textures alpha channels and saving it as a targa file. The whole process was extremely repetitive but it gave me a lot of new space for my package. Anyways thats mostly what I worked on today. I played around with some set dressing but not enough to post a picture on here. I'll be posting my progress on that this coming week over the thanksgiving break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment